- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump has always promoted himself as a self-made billionaire, but a NY Times investigation found that he received more than $400 million from his father’s empire (starting from when he was literally a toddler), much of it through dubious tax schemes during the 1990s, including instances of outright fraud.
- Trump's parents transferred well over $1 billion in wealth to their children, which could have produced a tax bill of at least $550 million under the 55 percent tax rate on gifts and inheritances that was in place at the time. Helped by a variety of tax dodges, the Trumps paid $52.2 million, or about 5 percent, tax returns show.
- To help you wash down all that Trump, read this Vanity Fair profile of the much-more charming Michael B. Jordan.
- Check out the second trailer for Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, which features John Mulaney as Spider-Pig!
- Do you want to be a squirrel census counter for the city? Sign up here.
- Trump, who once campaigned to have five innocent NYC kids executed for a crime they did not commit, said today of the #MeToo era that, "My whole life, I've heard you're innocent until proven guilty. But now you're guilty until proven innocent...[it's a] very scary time for young men in America."
- Vulture ranked the film debuts of pop stars including Cher, Taylor Swift, Madonna, Michael Jackson and more.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed legislation into law today that allows pets to be brought aboard any public transit service during an emergency.
- Should self-checkouts just die?
- This is almost certainly the weirdest Drew Barrymore profile you'll ever read.
- Is enormous Bear 747 truly Fat Bear Week's fattest bear?
- And finally, anyone else craving a bamboo snack about now?
📹: rose_pethome pic.twitter.com/H5CfiPlTgL
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) October 2, 2018