- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Bill de Blasio, the man who would be mayor, is a Red Sox fan.
- New York is the rudest and most arrogant state, according to a vote by a bunch of nobodies out in the provinces.
- A convenience store clerk in Connecticut was seriously injured trying to stop some thieves from stealing David Hasselhoff ads.
- Eight people were hurt in an explosion at a naval weapons station in New Jersey today.
- "Football can be a confusing and often vexing concept, especially for women," an Alabama news website reports.
- Meanwhile, Tucker Carlson's conservative website thinks it's very interesting Obama only has black dogs, and not a single white dog.
- This guy's vowing to quit the Internet for a year. Good luck, pal!
- Finally, here's a video of an animal doing something silly:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all