- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Gregory Papalexis, whose Sabrett hot dogs have been served at street carts citywide, passed away Friday at age 86.
- No news may be better than Fox News, survey says.
- The SLA is cracking down on bodegas who skirt state taxes by buying beer in New Jersey and driving it into NYC for resale.
- Nearly 1,000 Rikers Island inmates who should be locked in solitary confinement aren’t, because there’s not enough space, and this has contributed to a recent spike in violence.
- Most City University of New York community college students drop out after a couple of years. At press time, it was unclear if they were tuning in.
- NY Post columnist Andrea Peyser had a lot more faith in humanity before she watched that L train fight video.
- Several NYC trade unions are coming out in force against a living wage bill, but don't worry, God is on its side.
- A Buffalo-based "foreclosure mill" that mocked foreclosure victims at a Halloween Party has gone out of business. Take it away, Nelson!
We rely on your support to make local news available to all