- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Beloved folk legend Bert Jansch passed away from cancer earlier today.
- The Coen brothers are creating and producing (but not writing) an hour-long comedy TV show.
- A Delaware mom was busted for trying to sell her baby for a cool $15K.
- Controversial hockey player Sean Avery could soon find himself in Rangers limbo.
- Stories we make up about our cats.
- Now make up a story about this naked dude [mildly NSFW] in the East Village.
- Eat your heart out Groundskeeper Willie: Forest Hills High School "custodial engineer" has a two-page profile in the Daily News today.
- Rape victims, rest assured that Johnny Depp knows just how you feel—he's done a lot of photo shoots, which are basically the same thing.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all