- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A documentary series about the shooting of Trayvon Martin, Rest In Power, premieres tonight on BET. Trayvon "could have been anyone's son," his mother Sybrina Fulton said at a NYC screening yesterday.
- Residents at a NYCHA complex in Bed-Stuy got water from fire hydrants when the water system failed.
- Sixteen people across NYC were shot in 10 incidents in seven hours Saturday night into Sunday morning.
- Today, investigators released a 465-page safety investigation report on the Malaysia Airlines jetliner that vanished in 2014. While they ultimately say the disappearance remains a mystery, chief investigator Kok Soo Chon said, “We are not of the opinion that it could be an event committed by the pilot. We cannot rule out unlawful interference by a third party.”
- Notorious RBG... 4eva? Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg says she has "at least five more years" before she retires.
- Dancing cop alert: Detective Quania Rios showed off her stuff at the West Brighton Festival.
- On the latest episode of Who Is America?, Sacha Baron Cohen waved a "pedophile detector" over former GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore.
- In their Dark History video series, the NY Post tackles "the largest shark attack in history," calling it a "physiological apocalypse." The Smithsonian has more here.
- We must face facts: Alex Trebek may retire from Jeopardy! one day.
- Lindsay Lohan is doing... something... with MTV.
- Give all dogs GoPros:
Bless this doggo who stole a GoPro pic.twitter.com/tZwVdniJoQ
— Jon Christian 🕵 (@Jon_Christian) July 29, 2018